Top WordPress Security Tips
Posted by RAJU K, Last modified by RAJU K on 07 March 2013 10:35 PM
Top WordPress Security Tips:
1. Limit Access to wordpress
2. Use Strong Passwords
3. Keep a backup; you never know when you'll need it.
4. Stay UDATED! - Run the latest version of WordPress, Themes and upgrade your plugins.
5. Harden your directories so that attackers can’t use them against you.
6. Disable PHP execution in wp-includes, wp-content and uploads folders.
7. Disable Theme / Plugin Editor
Lastly, don’t be cheap when it comes to security. We always say that the best security measure is great backups. Please please please keep good regular backups of your site.
For more extensive information on Hardening WordPress can be found here.