1) Create an MSSQL database and database user using Plesk under the domain that needs the DB.
2) Install SQL Server Management Studio
SQL Server Management Studio is a free software which you can download from Microsoft website.
To connect to the Database Engine:
6. Click Connect.
- In Management Studio, on the File menu, click Connect Object Explorer.
- The Connect to Server dialog box opens. The Server type box displays the type of component that was last used.
- Select Database Engine.
- In the Server name box, type the name of the instance of the Database Engine. For the default instance of SQL Server, the server name is same as your windows hosting server name. E.g: win4.fastwebhost.com
- Select “SQL Server Authentication” option.
- Login: The database username you created in your Database Manager within your Plesk Control Panel for the domain.
- Password: The database username password you created in your Database Manager within your Plesk Control Panel for the domain.
Once you are able to successfully test the connection click 'Save'
Test connection failed:
Please check that you have the Server Name, Username and Password entered correctly, if you are unsure you can check the database username and reset the password from your Database Manager within your Plesk Control Panel.
If you still are receiving errors please open helpdesk ticket from http://support.fastwebhost.com with DB Name and login details.