Knowledgebase: Email Help
Cannot send email using Mozilla Thunderbird
Posted by kumar, Last modified by Rupi Singh on 31 October 2011 09:28 PM
The most common reasons not to be able to send emails are:|
* Incorrect Thunderbird settings;
* Blocked port 25 by the Internet Service provider.
To resolve the problem you should try to:
1. Make sure you are using the correct Thunderbird settings:
* Incoming mail server (POP3/IMAP server): mail.yourdomain.com
* Outgoing mail server (SMTP server): mail.yourdomain.com
* Username: the full e-mail address like firstname.lastname@example.org
* SMTP authentication must be enabled for the login to be successful.
A common mistake is to leave "My SMTP server requires authentication checkbox" unchecked. This option should be always enabled, since FastWebHost servers require such authentication.
2. Try using the alternative TCP port 26